Sylvia Marusyk is everything you never knew you wanted in a public speaker. The owner and innovative mind behind MindBody Works; a Canadian company focusing on creating and maintaining health and wellness in the workplace, Sylvia is fun, sassy and passionate about safety & health. As an Occupational Therapist with almost 30 years of experience and expertise in the field of health and safety, she emphasizes that prevention is the key to creating happy, healthy individuals, employees and businesses. The former host of the ‘Happy Hour With Sylvia!’ radio show, international keynote speaker, “activational” mentor and industry expert has proven that the way we look at corporate health, safety and wellness is due for a change of perspective; and Sylvia is leading the charge.
Need a speaker?
Coaching & Speaking Topics
Stressed to Kill – With mental illness on the rise, everywhere you turn people are ready to blow their top! In “Stressed to Kill” Sylvia takes a deep look at the effects of stress, shares her powerful tools to reduce it (the legal and moral ones only….) as well as personal strategies for becoming the “boss“ of your stress.
Stress is the next health epidemic and it tends to be contagious; infecting entire teams. Stress leave costs businesses over 50 billion dollars a year. Not mention the cost in the loss of human potential.
Discover better health and a dramatically improved quality of life. And if that’s not enticing enough, how about learning the secret to slowing the aging process? Sylvia shares that with her audiences too!
- How to identify all the components of stress – physical, cognitive, emotional and environmental – and avoid or modify many of these.
- The mind-body connection to stress and how you can stop it in its tracks with these techniques.
HAPPY HOUR BEGINS AT 9AM! – This presentation centers around creating a healthy life by focusing on happiness at work (Canadians report that work is their # 1 stressor!).
We will deal with the influence of technology, competing demands from work and home (work-life conflict) and relationships at work. You can transform your workplace into a happy, healthy and productive place to be!
- The deadly sins committed in work places, that can squash happiness and health of employees AND the bottom line.
- The connection between the deadly sins and your health.
- Strategies for reversing the effects of these sins at work.
- Strategies for creating greater personal happiness.
Linking Love to Leadership – What makes a good workplace great? A culture of respect and cooperation. This interactive and collaborative seminar will assist people in becoming more effective individual agents of change and more respectful as a team. We will explore practical and concrete ways of bringing these ideas to life to generate a workplace of happy, engaged and supportive team players.
- What constitutes respectful or disrespectful behavior?
- The effect of disrespect in the workplace on SAFETY and HEALTH.
- What’s in it for you to change the way YOU do things?
- Guidelines for a respectful and psychologically safe workplace.
- Practical tools and strategies for becoming a more respectful workplace.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT One of the hallmarks of a successful team or business; engagement at work is directly related to a healthy bottom line. With high employee engagement, there is higher retention, profitability, customer service, loyalty, innovation, creativity, and well-being, both corporately and personally.
Adopt these strategies to create a team of engaged workers who want to be at and stay at work!
- The importance of engagement and the factors that influence it.
- Strategies to increase engagement for themselves, co-workers and employees.
- How each participant can take ownership of their role and learn to love coming to work again. Make work your passion, not just your pension!